Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superdrive issue with IOS 6

I recently updated my Macbook Pro to the new IOS 6 software and my superdrive stopped working. The Apple store genius bar had to restore the old version of IOS 5. Has this been corrected in IOS 6?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 1:38 PM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2012 11:17 PM in response to jevansvp

Please try to explain your problem again. It contains an internal conflict.

iOS does not run on MacBook Pro computers. iOS (5 or 6) is for iPhones, iPods, and iPads,

MacBook Pro notebooks run Mac OS X (now called just OS X). Recent versions include Mac OS X Lion (10.7 through 10.7.5) and OS X Mountain Lion (10.8 through 10.8.2).

Now, what version 10.?.? did you attempt to use and what version 10.?.? did you go back to?

It may also be helpful if you tell us what model your MacBook Pro is? That's usually stated as a year with optional modifier, like "early 2010" or "mid 2012".

Oct 5, 2012 5:39 AM in response to markwmsn

My fault Mark--I mistakenly referred to the new Iphone/Ipad iOS 6. I should have referred to OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 that created the issue with my MacBook Pro. The Genius Bar had to wipe my MacBook Pro and reinstall the previous version of Mountain Lion 10.7.

I have the newest MacBook Pro with the retina screen.

Any comments you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Superdrive issue with IOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.