Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help!!!! I can't delete files from Mobile Documents folder on my Mac.

I uploaded theses dmg.txt to iCloud using Pages on iCloud page.

I download them to iPad (I guess) but iPad doesn't backup these files. 2 GB.

That's OK. I just delete these files from my Mac once checked on iCloud preferences.

They're at ˜/Library/Mobile Documents.(now has some numbers after)

Error "Items can’t be copied to “Trash” because you don’t have permission to read them."

Any suggest? Thanks.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 3:44 PM

I found the answer:

Instructions

In an open Finder window, click "Application," select"Utilities," choose "Terminal" and double-click the "Terminal" application to launch it.

Type "sudo rm –f " (with a space after the f and not including the quotes) to delete a file.

Type “sudo rm –rf ” to delete a folder.

Drag and drop the files you wish to delete onto the open Terminal window. The files you drop on the Terminal window will be deleted. You can drag and drop multiple files and folders onto the Terminal window.

it works.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2012 3:44 PM in response to Verzig

I found the answer:

Instructions

In an open Finder window, click "Application," select"Utilities," choose "Terminal" and double-click the "Terminal" application to launch it.

Type "sudo rm –f " (with a space after the f and not including the quotes) to delete a file.

Type “sudo rm –rf ” to delete a folder.

Drag and drop the files you wish to delete onto the open Terminal window. The files you drop on the Terminal window will be deleted. You can drag and drop multiple files and folders onto the Terminal window.

it works.

Please help!!!! I can't delete files from Mobile Documents folder on my Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.