Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri won't Remind Me, Set Alarm, Open Apps (iPhone 5)

Everytime I ask Siri to remind me, set an alarm, and open apps it takes a long time then it says "Sorry, Matt, something's gone wrong. Can you try that again?" or Matt, we've had a problem. Can you please try that again?"

This happens on both Wifi and Data (4g and LTE).

Siri only seems to work when I ask it what time it is, What movies someone stars in, and something using Wolfram Alpha.

I just want Siri to work properly.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 5:02 PM

13 replies

Feb 20, 2016 5:59 PM in response to iKmoxstar

I am having the same problem. I took it to the genuis bar. they told me to do a complete reset and reinstall. I was told not to reinstall from my backup as the problem might be in my software. So after spending many hours manually putting everything back on my phone, I continue to have the same issue!! I'm going back to the store with it tonight. NOT HAPPY.

Feb 21, 2016 8:16 AM in response to Jerry Berkowitz

Jerry, do you use any third party apps for mail or reminders?

I am still in touch with Apple Support who recently asked my for all the logs from my phone, but they suggested a third party app might be involved. This of course isn't much helpful as I'm using dozens of apps - this was the point of me moving to iOS from Windows Phone that were scarce with Microsoft platform. However, I still use Exchange with my in-built mail (corporate account) and Microsoft Outlook for private mail and contacts. I wonder if this might be the rogue app - but I just don't want to delete it. I already went with two wipe outs, and system restore from iTunes; and I'm just tired with trying to find this out for myself. But still, do you by any chance use anything from Microsoft?

Siri won't Remind Me, Set Alarm, Open Apps (iPhone 5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.