Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

burn iphoto slideshow to dvd

I made a slideshow in iphoto 11 and i want to burn in onto a dvd to play on tv. Everything I found on line mentions iDvd but the newer macs don't have that program. How can I do it?

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 4:57 PM

2 replies

Oct 5, 2012 1:49 AM in response to tinking

Whilst Macs with a Superdrive continue to be able to burn video DVDs, the software for so doing, iDVD, is no longer included in the iLife bundle that came with OS 10.7 Lion (which also omitted iWeb) or that comes with OS 10.8 Mountain Lion. And it is no longer included in the iLife 11 from the online Apple Store: http://www.apple.com/ilife/. Your only solution is to look on Amazon or eBay and try to get an older version that includes iDVD 7, i.e. iLife version 9 onwards. You should also do this if you plan to buy a new Mac anytime soon, as stocks of iLife that include iDVD will not be available for ever.

However, the vastly more expensive FCPX can burn a DVD without iDVD or DVD Studio Pro involvement, but lack the themes etc of iDVD. Also, of course, there is Roxio Toast, which is the best software for burning anything but again does not offer the flexibility of iDVD.

burn iphoto slideshow to dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.