Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4th Generation iPod Shuffle won't charge.

I have a fairly new 4th generation iPod Shuffle (8 months old) and it won't charge. The last time it worked I accidentally left it playing until the battery ran out of charge (if that helps identify a problem at all). From that point on the iPod has not been used, abused, or exposed to any elements. I tried to charge it yesterday, and nothing. The orange light will blink when connected to my laptop, and I can access the music and playlists stored on the iPod via iTunes. The charging icon will show up in iTunes and everything. But when I eject the iPod and unplug it, it is completely unresponsive as if there was no charge (the light won't even blink when you press a button). I've tried charging it for over 5 hours, and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas of how I might get my Shuffle to start working again? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Things I've tried:

-I've tried the "iPod reset" (no effect)

-Tried connecting to my macbook pro (my main computer, no effect)

-Tried connecting to a pc (no effect)

iPod shuffle, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 5:48 PM

2 replies

Oct 5, 2012 6:39 AM in response to casey.arterburn

So the iPod appears to function as expected when connected to a PC/Mac, but does not function at all when disconnected correct?

I know you have already tried a reset, but what about a full restore in iTunes? A restore of the Shuffle will wipe all content from the device, reset all settings back to their defaults, and load a fresh copy of the iPod's software onto the device. This should help rule out the possibility of any sort of software error/glitch or corrupte data.

Restoring iPod shuffle to factory settings

B-rock

4th Generation iPod Shuffle won't charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.