Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Keyboard Asks for Authentication Code in Windows (Bootcamp)

So I bought OEM Windows 7 Home Premium and bootcamped my mac with it. It worked fine for a while, then I couldn't get my (non-apple) bluetooth mouse to connect (Windows complained of an "authentication error", saying I may have put in an incorrect code, even though it never asked for one). I finally gave up after several failed attempts at fixing the problem, and removed Windows 7. Upon reinstallation, it wroked again, but later stopped. I quickly set up yet another new partition, but it didn't help. I gave it a new installation, but now the Apple Wireless Keyboard wasn't working. It was at this point that I purchased a wired gaming keyboard and mouse. I then found that bu un-pairing the mouse from OSX, I was able to connect to Windows, and then re-pair to OSX. The keyboard was a different story, however. In OSX, to pair the keyboard, you need to type some on-screen numbers into the keyboard, then press enter. Windows, though, gives me a blank text box. I think that it assumes that the code is written on the keyboard, and I can use the on-screen keyboard to type it in, but I don't know what code to use. I tried eight zeroes, eight ones, numbers one through eight, and nothing. Anyone know of a way to fix this? The new keyboard will probably arrive in a week or so, but it would be nice to be able to play all of my PC-only games without having to wait for it. Any and all ideas will be tried, and any questions will be answered. Thank you for any help.

Apple Wireless Keyboard-OTHER, 2-battery, aluminum

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 7:23 PM

There are no replies.

Bluetooth Keyboard Asks for Authentication Code in Windows (Bootcamp)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.