Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Create Quick Event" in Calendar is annoying

I mean this:

User uploaded file

I hope it goes away. You can't even turn it off. But you can't create any event on your Mac without having to do battle with it. I have never found it useful in any given situation. You don't know what date it's going to. You look under today, and it's not there. But it will later show up on some day you never intended it to land. But you have no way to find it because it didn't let you enter a location or calendar category.

It just asks you for a title. Not when, or ever where or who. This feature has never called out the Create Even window. It just takes a title then disappears. If Apple keeps this up, it's going to be as user-friendly as Microsoft Office.

Any way to turn it off and go back to a more rational way of creating events in Calendar? Please!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 9:06 PM

I just create events by double-clicking on the date.

4 replies

Oct 4, 2012 9:32 PM in response to Jean Shea

I don't know that it can be turned off, and I don't even use Apple's Calendar much (as a BusyCal user), but you might find it's useful if you learn to use it as intended. That box is pretty smart if you mention the date and location in the box before hitting enter.

Just type the date, time, and place in that "title" box:

"Birthday party Friday 8:00 PM at Joe's Place"

That pops up an event with a start date of the next Friday (e.g., 10/05/2012 today in the US), start time of 8:00 PM, and "Joe's Place" in the location. It strips out the date and time before creating the event title that it pops up; it leaves the location in the title, but the title comes up selected so you can edit it before confirming the event with the "Done" button.

The event is entered in the default calendar, but you can select any calendar by holding down the "+" button a second or two. There may be a way to do it with the menu or the keyboard command-n shortcut, but I haven't found it; you can select another calendar on the popup before hitting the "Done" button.

"Create Quick Event" in Calendar is annoying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.