Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

one album will not import to authorized computer

I have a Macbook and an iMac. Both are set up to share, both are authorized in iTunes under the Apple ID I've had for years. I make all purchases on the Macbook. Then I copy them over to my iMac by selecting the Macbook under "Shared," choosing "Show: items not in my library," and importing those songs to the iMac. I copy all purchases onto the iMac so I can delete rarely-listened-to songs/albums from the Macbook when space gets low, which is often.

There is one album that the iMac will not let me import. For each song from that one album, I get an error saying there's a problem downloading it, because "You do not have enough access priviledges for this operation. Please check that the connection to the network is active and try again."

The crazy thing is, my network connection is just fine; albums I purchased minutes before and after this one copied over fine. It's just this specific album that will not import. The summary pane for each of the album's songs look the same as all my other files: purchased AAC audio files, same bit rate, same sample rate, shows my name and Apple ID as the purchaser, same directory location on my computer, all files have the .m4a extension, ... nothing at all seems strange or unusual about this album's files.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening and how to fix it? In the past month, I've imported close to 12,000 songs. This is the only album this has ever happened with.

P.S. If anyone's curious which album won't transfer, it's Beck's Sea Change, purchased October 2nd, 2012. Oddly enough, I originally purchased this album (from iTunes) in 2008, but in 2009 iTunes began saying it couldn't locate the files. I didn't delete them — they just up and disappeared. That's never happened with anything else before or since, either. It's as if there's something wrong with the files of this particular digital album.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 10:40 PM

There are no replies.

one album will not import to authorized computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.