Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY CANT I SYNC MY IPAD TO MY MACBOOK

I have OS 10.5.8 on my MacBook with Itunes 10.6.1. I ususally have no problem syncing my Ipad2 to my MacBook. As of yesterday I began getting the following message when attempting to sync: "The iPad “Donella’s iPad” cannot be used because it requires iTunes version 10.6.3 or later. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes."

Whenever I go into my Itunes on my computer and click the "Check for Updates" tab, it tells"This version of ITunes (10.6.1) is the current version. Also, I cannot upgrade to 10.6.3 from the Itunes website because it will only upgrade to computers with OS 10.6 or later. I'm not interested in upgrading my OS as this is a costly task. How can I get my Ipad sycing with my Macbook again withouth having to upgrade my OS?

Sincerely, dstampley

MacBook (13-inch Late 2007), Mac OS X (10.5.8), trying to sync my IPad2 to itunes

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 3:16 AM

4 replies

WHY CANT I SYNC MY IPAD TO MY MACBOOK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.