Apple recommends using iTunes to turn on or off the accessibility features of the device.
If VoiceOver is on and you want to turn it off from the device instead of from iTunes, remember that a double-tap acts like a single tap and you need to use three fingers to scroll when VoiceOver is on:
- Press Home.
- Tap Settings. Then double-tap Settings.
- Tap General. Then double-tap General.
- Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility.
- Tap Accessibility. Then double-tap Accessibility.
- Tap VoiceOver. Then double-tap VoiceOver.
- Tap "On" next to VoiceOver. Then double-tap "On" to turn it off.