Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cameras on iphone 4 aren't working after updating to ios6

I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 right after it was released.

I haven't used my camera until today. However, I can't use either of my cameras on iphone.I tried to take a photo but the shutter wouldn't open.

When I change to video capturing, shutter opens but camera it's just a black screen. When I start recording, shutter closes and opens.

Flash also isn't responding on camera (working on different app where its used as a flashlight)

I downloaded application which uses camera, image is black.

I don't think it's hardware problem for I didn't drop my iphone or anything like that, but am unsure now...

I tried restoring, it didn't work...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Mirac7

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 6:12 AM

There are no replies.

Cameras on iphone 4 aren't working after updating to ios6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.