Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Sync ipod and iphone question

I have a iphone and my son has ipod and when ever he gets a new ap it goes to my phone hes 7 and so its alot of crazy things I googled to see how to stop and I came across to go to itunes under edit go tp preferences and then device and check don't allow auto sync between iphone ipod ipad but will that effect my icloud and my sync to itunes when we connect to computer. Thank you for your time

iPhone 3GS (8GB), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 6:52 AM

Sounds like you are sharing the same Apple ID for the iTunes Store.

If so, on your iPhone go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Automatic Downloads. Turn all off on your iPhone. If your son doesn't want to receive any of your downloads done direct with your iPhone, he needs to do the same on his iPod Touch.

iTunes on your computer includes the same but there is an option under the Apps tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes to not automatically install new apps in iTunes on your iPhone when syncing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2012 6:52 AM in response to carolt495

Sounds like you are sharing the same Apple ID for the iTunes Store.

If so, on your iPhone go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Automatic Downloads. Turn all off on your iPhone. If your son doesn't want to receive any of your downloads done direct with your iPhone, he needs to do the same on his iPod Touch.

iTunes on your computer includes the same but there is an option under the Apps tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes to not automatically install new apps in iTunes on your iPhone when syncing.

Auto Sync ipod and iphone question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.