Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S personal hotspot "No Internet connection"

I am trying to tether wifi to my toshiba pc that is running on windows 7 from my iPhone 4S But When I try doing this my computer registers the connection to my phone but it comes up with "No Internet connection"

Can someone please help me out with this.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 7:29 AM

15 replies

Dec 20, 2012 4:48 AM in response to Nobes6

I had a lot of trouble connecting my pc. The Blue Bar was saying ! connection & I could see throughput but it wouldn't go online. & in my case I used USB but you may find this usefull....

This is what I did:

in settings under Safari on my 4s II cleared all cookies & history & I set Accept cookies to ALWAYS

then on the PC I created a 2nd LA connection in network connections. The 1st is connected to a router with WIFI but so far I have persisited with USB as WIFI seemed less likely but it may work now, I havn't checked.

I then opened propeties of the LA connection 2 & hit the ADVANCED tab & checked "Allow other network uses to connect to this computers internet connection".

I then opened Settings in the 'Internet connection Sharing' dialog & an SERVICES tab opens. In this page there is a list of check boxs for ..internet protocals, DNS servers, mail servers etc. Check them all.

this time when I opened my browser it finally got online.

I then opened the settings list again & there were some extra checkboxes from some extra protocals, whatever that it found after it first loaded up google search page.

Sorted. I hope this helps.

Dex

Dec 20, 2012 4:49 AM in response to dreadlaw

I had a lot of trouble connecting my pc. The Blue Bar was saying ! connection & I could see throughput but it wouldn't go online. & in my case I used USB but you may find this usefull....

This is what I did:

in settings under Safari on my 4s II cleared all cookies & history & I set Accept cookies to ALWAYS

then on the PC I created a 2nd LA connection in network connections. The 1st is connected to a router with WIFI but so far I have persisited with USB as WIFI seemed less likely but it may work now, I havn't checked.

I then opened propeties of the LA connection 2 & hit the ADVANCED tab & checked "Allow other network uses to connect to this computers internet connection".

I then opened Settings in the 'Internet connection Sharing' dialog & an SERVICES tab opens. In this page there is a list of check boxs for ..internet protocals, DNS servers, mail servers etc. Check them all.

this time when I opened my browser it finally got online.

I then opened the settings list again & there were some extra checkboxes from some extra protocals, whatever that it found after it first loaded up google search page.

iPhone 4S personal hotspot "No Internet connection"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.