You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change picture in imessage

Hey support people. I just started using iMessage and it somehow linked a picture of my little brother to my account (wearing his Titans jersey). Need to change that ASAP but can't figure out how. Please help!

iPad 2

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 9:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 12:29 PM

Thanks Shantell85. This did it.

"To change the picture icon in iMessage, you first need to create a new contact in your address book directly on your iPad with all of your information and make sure to select a picture. Once that's done, go to settings. Click on Mail, Contacts and Calender. Scroll where it says, My Info, under contacts and select your name out of the contact list. Your picture will now appear in iMessage. I believe iMessage defaults by your last name and searches it in your address book to locate you which is why it selected your husband. You guys should be all set from here. Thanks!!!"

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2012 12:29 PM in response to renaehyro

Thanks Shantell85. This did it.

"To change the picture icon in iMessage, you first need to create a new contact in your address book directly on your iPad with all of your information and make sure to select a picture. Once that's done, go to settings. Click on Mail, Contacts and Calender. Scroll where it says, My Info, under contacts and select your name out of the contact list. Your picture will now appear in iMessage. I believe iMessage defaults by your last name and searches it in your address book to locate you which is why it selected your husband. You guys should be all set from here. Thanks!!!"

How to change picture in imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.