Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store search not working iPhone 5, iOS 6

The search function in App Store is still not working. I've tried all the recommended fixes and none of them have worked, including reset, changing date to 2013, restoring iPhone, toggling restrictions on/off etc... Any word on a fix?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 10:00 AM

35 replies

Oct 5, 2012 10:36 AM in response to WiseJD

Yes, I've done both a hard reset of the phone and a full back-up and restore. The search function in the App store is still not working. I've tried it on cell data only and that doesn't work either. Based on what others in the forum have said It seems to be a server side problem. However, I haven't been able to find any acknowledgement by Apple of this particular issue.

Oct 5, 2012 11:41 AM in response to eastaval1

I'm having the same issue here. Black iPhone 5 64GB iOS 6. Type anything in the search field, tap search, the activity icon at the top circles a few times as if it's downloading results, but then it just continues to show a blank search screen. ...as if there were no results. Tried power off/on, hard reset, even killingthe app from the shortcut menu then restarting.

Oct 5, 2012 8:20 PM in response to eastaval1

I have the same problem, and updates does the same thing as well. I have done every suggested 'fix' - change dates, reset, toggle airplane mode, toggle wifi, no wifi, hard reboot...

TThis is very frustrating and finding help is impossible with the 8 gazillion posts of random value (what ever happened to real support - sorry, sidebar). I have a 4S on iOS 6. Any real help out there, anybody from apple listening?

Oct 8, 2012 10:42 AM in response to eastaval1

UPDATE: I took my phone to the Apple store over the weekend and they determined it was in fact a hardware issue after they were unable to get the phone to enter DFU mode. They replaced the phone and the app store search function works again.

On a side note, not a single one of the employees had heard of this issue and they were all completely stumped as to what might have caused the issue in the first place.

Oct 11, 2012 11:28 AM in response to eastaval1

Apple has limited the search feature to 25 entries then you have to search over again, can scrool or swipe the screen in the app store to show more apps...... their attitude is " if it's not in the first 25 you probably don't want it"... as I was told... the brains on the help line/tech support were unaware of this.... they had the same problem and after 1 hr on the phone a supervisor found the "non issue"

Oct 11, 2012 11:38 AM in response to mrossman69

Right, but I wasn't getting 25 entries when I searched, I was getting zero entries. As a result it was impossible for me to do an app search on my phone. Where you would normally expect to see the 25 app tabs after a successful search, all I saw was a blank white screen.

The genius bar at my local apple store couldn't figure out what was going on with my phone so they swapped it out for a new one and the problem disappeared. I suggest people still encountering this problem try the same thing.

app store search not working iPhone 5, iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.