Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore not working

I have an ipod touch 4 which I got this past valentine's day. I use it primarily to listen to internet radio. I was having trouble connecting to the internet and so I tried a hard restart (home button + power button). The screen changed to a usb cable connect to itunes thing. I tried connecting to my windows vista machine first since that is where my itunes account is. I kept getting a message about network connection timeout. I tried disabling all security programs (virus, spybot, firewall) but it did not help. I tried apple's suggestions of making sure that my os is up to date (it is) and a fresh restart. Neither helped. Next I tried connecting my ipod to my macbook pro. I have the newest version of itunes on it. When I tried to restore my ipod on that machine I got a message that my ipod is not eligible to be restored (what?). Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix my ipod? I live pretty far away from an apple store (about 70 miles) so I'd like to fix this on my own if possible. Thanks for the help. ;_;

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 11:59 AM

Try a manual install, as outlined in the link below.

Basic troubleshooting steps

User uploaded file

17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro  8G RAM  750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD 
Got problems with your Apple iDevice-like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Try Troubleshooting 101
In Memory of Steve Jobs
2 replies

Oct 5, 2012 12:21 PM in response to Mac-Medic

Thanks for the suggestion. Strangely the problem fixed itsself on the 8th time I tried to restore on my macbook. That was the time I stood behind my chair instead of sitting in it... probably just a coincidence but it was the only thing I changed from the previous 7 attempts x.x

edit: macbook not imac... showing my age lol

restore not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.