Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving computer screen to TV screen

I have Roku. I'm not very satisfied with it, but it only cost a hundred, so I didn't return it because I will probably use it--ocasionally--in the future. I mentioned this to a computer repairman who was just here. He said that I should get an Apple TV box, so I went to Amazon to purchase one; however, I didn't complete the purchase, because I read some things that indicated that maybe that wasn't really the answer. Maybe not. What I want is a way to be able to transfer my computer viewing--all of it--to my TV screen. Can this be done with Apple TV? If not, how can this be done, if it can be done?

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 10:56 AM

8 replies

Oct 5, 2012 11:53 AM in response to Klaus1

Klaus1 wrote:

Let's start with the basics:

What Mac do you have and what version of OS X?

----

I partioned my hardrive. I now have both Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and Mountain Lion (10.8.2) installed in separate sections, but I'll only be using Snow Leopard for programs that are now incompatible with Mountain Lion.

Oct 6, 2012 11:16 AM in response to Klaus1

Klaus1 wrote:

Let's start with the basics:

What Mac do you have and what version of OS X?

I just noticed that you asked what kind of computer I have. I was surprised at that question, because people usually look at the questioner's profile before responding. Anyway, I have a 20" iMac.

Oct 6, 2012 12:08 PM in response to Klaus1

Klaus1 wrote:

people usually look at the questioner's profile before responding.

No, generally they don't.

AppleTV will do what you want.

----

That sounds good, but since your first statement is wrong, it tends to cast doubt on the second. Thanks for your input. It's encourging but before I invest a hundred dolars, I'll look for cofirmation.

Nov 20, 2012 9:19 AM in response to Klaus1

I did a bit of research and found that I was right: Apple TV has limited application. It does expand the possibilities, but it's not what I was looking for. I already have Roku, but I almost never use it because it just doesn't add enough of what I want. Now that I think of it, the same applies to two other programs that I have installed.

Moving computer screen to TV screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.