Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Logic Studio 9 available for student discount?

I wanted to buy Logic Studio 9 and my friend told me he got it about a year ago for $150 from the Apple Student Store. But I went to check it out at my College's bookstore and they said I'll have to get it from Apple itself.

I checked at the apple educational pricing store and it's not subsided at all - $499. So I was wondering if they discontinued it or what? If not, how do I get it at a student discount.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 12:23 PM

BTW: Logic Pro now costs $199 in the Mac App Store for everybody. I don't know if there are further student discounts available.

2 replies

Oct 10, 2012 9:37 PM in response to baaarrooon

Don't believe there are any student discounts on Logic Studio 9. i got mine about a yr ago, & that was when they were phasing out the Store Pack Logic Studio9, & starting the Online App Logic Studio9 (for $199). 199 is already a discount from 499.

maybe you could buy iTunes GiftCards at a student discount, & when you save up, you can download the app from App Store. then you'll have gotten you Student Discount. wish you luck, though. i'm still seeing some selling on Amazon.com for about $330 up to $480, but some as low as $300.

oh yeah, back then, there was this big divide between those app packages which were "Academic" version (probably offered at the student discount) versus the Full/ complete version. if you see a good one for $150180, go ahead & pick it up.

good luck,

marv...

Is Logic Studio 9 available for student discount?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.