Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

appleid sorry your session has expired

I've just tried to activate imessage for iphone 4 (on ios6) and keep getting issues with the AppleID:

When I tried to change the details on my old AppleID to my current e-mail address, every time I went to verify it from the e-mail that was sent to that account, it kept telling me that the session had expired, even though I'd only just resent the verification e-mail and responded to the e-mail, clicking on that link. E-mail, Facebook, and other things that use the connection are working fine, as is the internet generally - it's just this.

Incidently, it seemed to take about 5 layers of inputting the same data to get to this page too.

We like Apple stuff because it's so intuitive, but this is not! Can anyone help?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2017 5:27 PM

Hello all I had this issue when I attempted to install the ios 11 beta. After some fumbling around I figured out the issue. Safari cannot install the cookies if you have "allways block" selected under settings/safari/ . So just deselect allways block then attempt to sign in again and it should work. Good Luck.....

10 replies

Oct 7, 2012 12:42 PM in response to KKH_fed_up_now

I just ran into this issue and managed to find a workaround. The issue is only present in the mobile version of the verification page that the email sends you to. So, if you follow the link from the email from a computer, rather than a phone, it will work when you enter your appleid and password. I managed to do it from an iPad (I believe you get the non-mobile version from the iPad. A least it looks a lot different than the phone version).

Oct 8, 2012 8:13 PM in response to KKH_fed_up_now

I'm having the same issue on a SoftBank phone--it won't verify despite deleting all alternate e-mail addresses and checking into the iTunes app to "sign in" there, too. I don't know how or where I'm signed in that's the problem. Does anybody have a fix for somebody using a phone e-mail address (no PC access--mobile access only) for use in a country like Japan?

Thank you!

appleid sorry your session has expired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.