Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Pages to file a legal complaint, But I can't change "Answer to Complaint" located at the bottom of every page, to "Complaint".

There is a small horizontal invisible box at the bottom of the page that has the phrase "Answer to Complaint" along with the page number several spaces to the right.

I have tried clicking on this box to change the title from "Answer to Complaint" to just "Complaint". I can't find a way to do it.

Would appreciate a solution. Thanks.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 1:22 PM

2 replies

Oct 5, 2012 2:48 PM in response to Tangled Webslinger

Since “Answer to Complaint” appears on every page, it may be embedded in the section master. Possibly as a background object.

Try the following:

Format menu > Advanced > Make Master Objects Selectable

Arrange menu > Make Background Objects Selectable

Can you select the text box? It may also be grouped and locked. Those attributes can be managed from the Arrange menu.

Did this help?

Oct 5, 2012 2:52 PM in response to Tangled Webslinger

You haven't said but it sounds like you have opened a Word .doc.

The textbox with "complaint" in it is either locked or under something else.

Menu > View > Show Layout

Hold down the commamnd key to turn the cursor into a pointer and drag in from outside the page to try and lassoo the errant textbox. If you catch anything else along the way deselect it with a shift click.

If the textbox is locked it should have a small cross in each corner:

Menu > Arranfge > Unlock/Bring to Front

Peter

Using Pages to file a legal complaint, But I can't change "Answer to Complaint" located at the bottom of every page, to "Complaint".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.