Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FIX FIX iPhone 4S Keyboard iOS 6 Shortcuts

OK so bare with me. I was one of those people that had their shortcuts stop working. Thank goodness I only had about 20. So I am going to tell you how to fix this issue for GOOD!. So far it has worked for me and I no longer have had issues going on a week now.

This method takes patience. I have little, but finally worked.

First thing is first. Write down every short cut you have.

After you write down all of the shortcuts delete them from you phone. ALL OF THEM! Now leave the keyboard shorcuts menu and go back to general. Then go back in. More than likely the shorcuts appear again. If so delete them again. Go back out to the settings menu. Go back in if they are still there do not mess with them.

Next I want you to power down your phone and power it back on. Once you have done this your shortcuts should be deleted asking you to create a new one.

If so this is how you create a new one. Settings>General>Keyboard>(Edit at the top right of screen)>add new shortcut. This should create a new shortcut. Now I had to do this maybe twice for the first one. After you create it go back to general and then back to keyboard to see if it is there. If it is then try it out.

If it works then create all your shortcuts. As soon as they are all created power down your phone and turn it back on.

My guess is someone didnt put much effort in this and recoded something wrong. I noticed creating shortcuts in iOS 6 is different than the older version. Feel free to ask any questions and I will answer when I am able to .

GOOD LUCK!

iOS 6, 4 4s 5 ios keyboard shortcuts

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 1:24 PM

2 replies

Nov 5, 2012 6:15 AM in response to Twim

This is what I did step by step and it worked like a charm... I had an iPhone 4 when I did this a few days ago. I have documents and data ON in iCloud...

1. write down or take screenshots of all existing shortcuts

2. delete all shortcuts

3. backup to iCloud (I think this clears all shortcuts you have stored in iCloud)

4. go back to settings-->general-->keyboard... You may notice one or a few generic shortcuts pop up on their own. The one that popped up for me was OMW (on my way)

5. re enter all of your shortcuts and phrases

6. when done, back up again to iCloud (stores your new shortcuts)

I restarted my phone. Shortcuts still worked. I just got a 4S and restored from the iCloud backup mentioned in step 6 and my shortcuts worked on my new phone.

Good Luck. I hope this helps everyone.

FIX FIX iPhone 4S Keyboard iOS 6 Shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.