Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restored iPod to 4.2.1 Previously working apps now say "Update Required: This app requires IOS 4.3"

I recently restored my iPod Touch because e-mail, contacts, and calendar stopped working. Upon restore, I noticed many apps failed to reinstall. Apps like Yelp, Facebook, etc. Roughly 10-15 in total are missing entirely. I can select the app in iTunes and move the icon but the application will not install. If I install the app from the iPod its self, an error comes up saying "Update Required: This app requires IOS 4.3". IOS 4.3 is not available for my iPod.

I don't care if I don't have the latest version on the App store, but I do want the latest version available for my device.

How do I install the latest compatible version from the App store onto my iPod?

(I also have a new iPad. I think that had a part to play in replacing the compatible apps with incompatible ones.)

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 1:00 PM

8 replies

Restored iPod to 4.2.1 Previously working apps now say "Update Required: This app requires IOS 4.3"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.