Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Citation Manager for Pages 4.2 or later?

I have used RefWorks and EndNote and Mendeley to manage citations. As far as I know these only interface with MWord. Is there a plug-in or app that allows these citation managers to work with Pages? Are there other citation managers that work with Pages? Does Apple have its own work-around for this? Please don't let me be enslaved to Microsoft! 😢

The only discussion I can find on this topic is from 2007 (5 years ago). Any update on this?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), Late 2008 aluminum

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 3:16 PM

EndNotes has a Pages plugin, not cheap though.

Can't you manage with just the regular footnote?

Peter

4 replies

Oct 5, 2012 3:32 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Well, I have databases full of stuff I have read so that when I am done with a paper I can just dump in a multi-page bibliography and then paste in-text citations without having to look anything up or even think. I will look into the EndNote plugin. I am a little surprised there is not an "easy" and "affordable" solution for this. Oh well.

If anyone else has suggestions, I am open!

Oct 6, 2012 3:28 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Thanks Peter. I am aware of how footnotes work. Footnotes will not replace a bibliography. Also, the citation managers I mention will allow you to simply import footnotes from your list of citations. That is part of the reason that having these citation managers interface with Pages would be helpful.

Until then, it looks like I'll have to keep using Word.

Citation Manager for Pages 4.2 or later?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.