Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem was the old hardrive was running snow leopard

So last month my old macbook packed up so i got one of my friends to put a new hardrive into it. Problem was the old hardrive was running snow leopard which meant i didnt have any issues with itunes etc. But the new hardrove is running 10.4.11 which i'm lead to believe is tiger this is because when the os was reloaded it was with the disks that come with it. Someone help as i'm now unable to use certain websites because i cant update my flash player. Also i cant use my use my itunes as it needs 10.5 as a minimum. Took it to the genius bar and they didnt seem interested as its over 4 years old. I realise it would be better to buy a new mac/ macbook but dont have a 1000 pound to just weigh out like that. Plz help.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 12:06 PM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2012 6:10 PM in response to craigo1983

If you need to purchase Snow Leopard contact Customer Service: Contacting Apple for support and service. The price is $29.00 plus tax. You will receive physical media - DVD - by mail.

Third-party sources for Snow Leopard are:

Snow Leopard from Amazon.com

Snow Leopard from eBay

After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store.

Problem was the old hardrive was running snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.