Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 Podcast app doesn't function well with accessories

I've upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 6. Now when I plug my phone into my in-car accessory, it plays the music app everytime, even if I already had the podcast app playing. I can't use my car deck controls to navigate my podcast, so I have to use the phone - not safe while driving! I have to manually launch the app while the phone is plugged in, select my podcast, hit play. Randomly while playing a podcast, music will start playing again. So again, I have unlock my phone, find the podcast I want to listen to and start playing it again. This is not easy or safe to do while driving!

Does anyone know if I delete the podcast app, will the podcasts go back into the music app?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 5:42 PM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2012 8:14 AM in response to keds2300

Thank you for this thread, deleting the Podcast app also resolved my bluetooth headset issue. When I got the IOS upgrade with the Podcast app, my bluetooth headset would not work in that app. Now I can listen to my podcasts over bluetooth again in the Music and Video apps. This seems to be one of those "Murphy's Law of computer upgrades" issues - I'm sure Apple will release a new Podcast app that is an upgrade...

iOS 6 Podcast app doesn't function well with accessories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.