Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find out the AppleID used to purchase an App from the App store

I have ended up with 2 different AppleIDs but neither appear to be correct for updating iMovie

Also is there a way to change the AppleID associated with an App ?

I am on OS X 10.8.2 now but this not a new problem

iMovie '11

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 8:07 PM

5 replies

Feb 24, 2013 8:00 AM in response to djohnson17

Hi djohnson,

There is no way to change an AppleID associated with a purchase. The AppleID used to purchase the item (whether it be music or apps) is forever tied to that item. However, when the box comes up asking for a password to update, you should be able to see the ID tied to the item in the same box where it is requesting the password.....

Hope this helps!

Also, the new iCloud address that is automatically assigned to all iCloud users does not create a second AppleID if your primary AppleID is an @me.com or @mac.com address. Not sure what happens if it is something else, but If it is an @me or @mac, if you try to sign onto iTunes with the iCloud address, it switches to the primary @me or @mac AppleID when the sign-on is processed. Just an FYI....

Cheers,

GB

Feb 25, 2013 5:42 AM in response to gail from maine

Hi Apple Man & Gail:

AM - I have not lost my id. I am getting an error message that I need to use a different ID to update iMovie. My only two accounts, wife and me, both return the same error.

Gail - I am not trying to change the ID associated with iMovie. I am trying to update iMovie. I am never offered a screen that already has the ID filled in and only wants a password. I get an error message to use a different ID.

Several posters have reported this problem. Has enyone seen a solution?

cheers

How do I find out the AppleID used to purchase an App from the App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.