Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I send pictures through imessage

ok, I feel completely dumb for asking this question, but where did the little camera icon go in iMessages on aa macbook pro? Prior, it was located to the left of the text field, now its gone...is the only way to send pictures now is through the "send file" option in the Buddy drop-down menu??? How frustrating, when it use to be so simple!

Anyone know if im just not seeing something or is everyones gone?

M1k313

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), iOS 6

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 9:03 PM

4 replies

Nov 27, 2012 8:20 PM in response to m1k313

Hi M1k313, I send photos in iMessage by starting with iPhoto. I go into iPhoto, select the photo I want to send, then click on the "Share" icon at the bottom right of the screen. You have several options as to how you want to share the photo including Messages. So, once you click on Messages, it brings up the Message window, and you proceed as normal. The window is small and superimposed on the iPhoto screen, but it is the same thing as going through iMessage.... Hope this helps! Cheers, GB

How do I send pictures through imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.