Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot download specific songs onto my iPhone through iCloud?

I recently swapped my old iPhone 4 (that was a tad bit glitchy) for a new iPhone 4 (that's a lot glitchy). I had to restore from a previous backup, and also had to download the music I wanted on it using iMatch and iCloud. 99.9% of the songs I want download, but there are 2 songs in particular that get stuck and will not download. It seems like they start downloading fine, but when it's time for the iPhone to process it and keep it, it resets and starts downloading again. It does this about 5 times and then gives up and says that the song cannot be downloaded at this time.

I have literally tried everything. I've restored the iPhone back to factory settings and then restored from a backup again. I've restarted the iPhone and tried downloading that song again. I've tried restoring it from a different backup. None of these have worked. And what's even weirder is that it's a song that I purchased from the iTunes store directly on my iPhone. What's even weirder is that I can play the song the full way through, but after the song is done, it will not show as downloaded.

Here's a screenshot of what's happening:

User uploaded file

It gets to that point (in the screen shot above) and then resets and tries to download the song again. It keep doing this for about 5 more times and then gives the error message above. It's very frustrating not to be able to have a full album download because of one song.

Please help!

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 11:11 PM

There are no replies.

I cannot download specific songs onto my iPhone through iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.