Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone know how to assign Akai drum pads in Ultrabeat?

I have the Akai MPK mini which has 8 drum pads with 2 banks. I have been trying to assign different drum sounds in Ultrabeat to the pads but have been unable to for some reason. The controller is working w/ ultrabeat when i hit the keys on the keyboard it plays the sounds from the selected drum kit. Also does the same when i hit the pads. But what i cant figure out is how to assign a specific drum sound (note or whatvever) to a specific drum pad on my controller IN ultrabeat itself. Any help w this is much appreciated. Thanks.

-J

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 2:25 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2012 3:46 AM in response to Jkeeezy

Read the MPK's manual. I refuse to believe that it isn't described in there, as it is a basic function, seconded only by being able to play the thing. Normally I would download it and find it and point you to it, but Akai wants me to subscribe before I can download manuals, so I won't.

http://www.akaipro.com/mpkmini

go to the Docs & Downloads section, also download the Mac editor software, my educated guess is that you need that to make custom assignments.

Anyone know how to assign Akai drum pads in Ultrabeat?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.