Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.7 (21) is displaying ghost events from iPhoto 9.4.1

My Mac runs 10.8.2 with iTunes 10.7 and iPhoto 9.4.1. I am synchronizing my iPad and iPhone both with iOS 6 with iPhoto via iTunes. Since the update my iTunes library displays ghost events to be synchronized.

The iPhoto events are not existing in iPhoto and contain a already deleted image.

I have already tried several options:

1. Restore iPhoto lib from time machine -> converting has been done not fixed

2. Repairing options from iPhoto during start up of iPhoto

3. Change from iPhoto to folder in iTunes

4. Clear iPod Photo Cache

5. Delete of AlbumData.xml within iPhoto library

None of the mentionend points fixed the issue I still have 3 events from iPhoto I can't remove from iTunes. This is very disappointing due to the lates iPhoto update was addressed to this issue.

Does anyone have the same issue?

- If yes how was it fixed?

Looking forward to your replies, thanks in advance

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iTunes 10.7, iPhoto 9.4.1, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 2:25 AM

7 replies

Jan 1, 2013 6:26 PM in response to Malte Kaas

Same here - I've been searching and haven't found a fix. I wonder if perhaps deleting the Album Data.xml file in the iPhoto Library package may help. What I've read seems to indicate that the file is maintained/resorted each time iphoto is opened. The only drawback is if the problem is caused by the process/mechanism that maintains the XML file in the first place. The XML file is used by other iLife apps to read what's available in the iPhoto library.

Jan 1, 2013 6:44 PM in response to Dookie2x

I have found since buying Aperture I have solved the iTunes ghost photo event problem. In Aperture (using your iPhoto library), these ghost events are viewable and searchable. I wouldn't recommend spending £50~ just to fix this problem but maybe this shines light on where the issue is. I leave that up to people more tech-savvy than me!

Jan 1, 2013 10:21 PM in response to LarryHN

I am running iPhoto 9.4.2 under Mac OS X 10.8.2. If I recall correctly the issue started with 9.4 and was supposed to be fixed by 9.4.2 but it didn't. I actually waited to upgrade to iPhoto 9.4 until 9.4.2 came out hoping to have skipped all of the issues but this ghost problem is quite annoying especially since iTunes even syncs photos that I have deleted from iPhoto and purged (emptied trash in iPhoto and emptied the finder trash as well). I'd love to know how it manages to sync photos that should exist!

Oct 29, 2013 6:49 AM in response to Malte Kaas

Hey guys,

Had the sasme problem for a while. I had to rebuild my iphoto library. However before you do that yiou should back up just in case (if you have not already on icloud on using time machine)

to do so do the following:

1. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
  2. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
  3. Open iPhoto.
  4. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
  5. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to use.
  6. Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.

In my case I used "reduild database". I am not sure if the other solutions might help.

Onces iPhoto is ready restart your iTunes and iPhoto. Everything should be fine.

If you need more info on this just go to: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2638?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

iTunes 10.7 (21) is displaying ghost events from iPhoto 9.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.