Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BluRay hardware

Does MAC OS X Lion support any BluRay Burners? I would like to burn my edited videos to HD BluRay discs.

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 7:31 AM

Yes. Though you need separate software to author Blu-ray video. Most Mac users prefer Roxio's Toast Titanium. You also need to purchase the separate Blu-ray plugin so it actually will burn Blu-ray video disks. Once installed, you can author your disks right in Toast (somewhat limited), or do the authoring in your video editing software and burn the finalized BDMV folder in Toast. Either requires the plugin.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2012 7:31 AM in response to turnerlolly

Yes. Though you need separate software to author Blu-ray video. Most Mac users prefer Roxio's Toast Titanium. You also need to purchase the separate Blu-ray plugin so it actually will burn Blu-ray video disks. Once installed, you can author your disks right in Toast (somewhat limited), or do the authoring in your video editing software and burn the finalized BDMV folder in Toast. Either requires the plugin.

Oct 6, 2012 8:35 AM in response to turnerlolly

What bluray hardware/burner should I buy?

Up to you, but Adobe recommends Digistor-Panasonic drives (Panasonic hardware is what Digistore uses in their enclosures). I've been using an LG internal drive in my Mac Pro for at least a few years now. No problems with it. Here's a page of external burners.

(Is a "Plugin" the hardware?)

No. The plugin is a secondary piece of software you need to purchase from Roxio to burn Blu-ray video disks. Without it, you can only burn Blu-ray data disks.

BluRay hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.