Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail 6.0 won't connect to one of my accounts, only since upgrade to OSX 7

My Mail account fails to connect and it prompts me for my password which fails to resolve the problem. This has only occurred since my upgrade to OS X 10.7. I have verified all of the accccount settings (by comparing them to my iPad Mail account setting which still works). Is there a glitch in Mail 6.0? I have a 2011 MPB 15" 2.0 GHz 4/500 with Snow Leopard. Thanks.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 6:52 AM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2012 11:24 AM in response to Linc Davis

I'm sorry if I sounded glib or insulting to you. That was not my intent. Ssince I initiated this inquiry I have shut off my MBP, left it alone for about 3 hours and when I returnned to it, it worked fine.

As for the test procedure, The top light was green (Connected to internet), the second line was red ( comcast.net unable to connect to this server) the third light was green (iCloud connection and login succesful) and the last line was red (smtp.comcast.com could not login to server).

I hope I haven't wasted your time but this has been occurring to me intermittently since I upgraded to OS 10.8.

I appreciate your time.

Mail 6.0 won't connect to one of my accounts, only since upgrade to OSX 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.