Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applications bounce but don't open!

Hi !

I have a problem with my iMac with 10.8.2

After some minutes my iMac is on, when I click on some applications ( not every ) the icon on the dock bounce a lot of times but doesn t open!

same thing with system preferences , Finder ecc

I have to force shut down ( imac will not shout down ).

When I reboot iMac will works properly for some minutes, but then problem start again!

I tried to reset PRAM, to runs scrips, to fix permission, but nothing!

firefox i.e. works fines, Adium works fine ecc...

pls help me!!!!

tnks!!!

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 10:20 AM

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode and see if the problem still occurs?

Restart holding the "shift" key.

(Expect it to take longer to start this way because it runs a directory check first.)

If this works look in System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login items and delete any third party login items (-), you can always add them back with the (+). Also look in /Library/Startup Items. Nothing is put in that folder by default, so anything in there is yours.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2012 10:20 AM in response to fabioerudy

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode and see if the problem still occurs?

Restart holding the "shift" key.

(Expect it to take longer to start this way because it runs a directory check first.)

If this works look in System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login items and delete any third party login items (-), you can always add them back with the (+). Also look in /Library/Startup Items. Nothing is put in that folder by default, so anything in there is yours.

applications bounce but don't open!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.