4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2012 8:20 AM by Neil D
Neil D Level 1 Level 1

Hey guys, this is my first post here.

Our family is Apple-d out. My mom and I have iPhones (soon 5's), my dad and iPad 2 (soon also an iPhone 5), I also have a MacBook Pro 13" running 10.8.2.

We also have an iCloud account set up with Photo Stream, Contacts, Find My iPhone and Calendars on all the above devices. Because it is shared between us, there is obviously some personal accounts like Mail that we don't share.  Well, with FB and Twitter integration on OS 10.8, I want to make sure that my FB/Twitter accounts cannot be accessed from other devices. So basically, I'm not sure how they will work with all the other apps and iCloud. I have FB/T on my iPhone, with the FB/T contact info removed.

So how would FB/T work with iCloud like this?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
Solved by Matthew Morgan on Oct 6, 2012 2:46 PM Solved

Neil,

As an example, in Contacts, Facebook will appear as an account separate from iCloud.

It may link contacts that appear in both accounts, but it will not add your Facebook contacts to your iCloud account so that someone else using your iCloud account would see your Facebook contacts.

Matt

Reply by Matthew Morgan on Oct 6, 2012 2:17 PM Helpful

Neil,

Facebook and Twitter integration work independently of iCloud.

If you want to use either, you need to log in with your username and password.

So assuming your family doesn't share one Facebook or Twitter account, you should be just fine.

Matt

All replies

• Matthew Morgan Level 7 Level 7

Neil,

Facebook and Twitter integration work independently of iCloud.

If you want to use either, you need to log in with your username and password.

So assuming your family doesn't share one Facebook or Twitter account, you should be just fine.

Matt

• Neil D Level 1 Level 1

Thanks for the answer! I know they run independentally, but some of the apps they integrate with don't, like Contacts and Calendar. I want to make sure there won't be any changes here and there to my FB/T, or my settings on my own devices. Would this happen?

• Matthew Morgan Level 7 Level 7

Neil,

As an example, in Contacts, Facebook will appear as an account separate from iCloud.

It may link contacts that appear in both accounts, but it will not add your Facebook contacts to your iCloud account so that someone else using your iCloud account would see your Facebook contacts.

Matt

• Neil D Level 1 Level 1

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it!