Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after installing I06, my podcasts are no longer listed in music app playlist

there seems to be no way to create or play a playlist of podcasts with the new Music and Podcast apps. I cannot make a playlist in the podcast apps and I cannot see the podcasts in the playlist in the music app. This issue is happening with my iphone 4 and my new 2012 ipad. I create my playlist on my mac using itunes then sync to ipad and iphone. Help please.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 1:25 PM

Playlists are not visible any more in the podcasts app. Apple does not provide this feature.

When you are using the podcasts app, podcasts are disabled in the music and video app. You will only see podcasts in the music app, if the podcasts app is not installed. If you don't need 2x in video, and you liked your workflow in the time before the podcast app, simply remove this app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2012 1:25 PM in response to HGA62

Playlists are not visible any more in the podcasts app. Apple does not provide this feature.

When you are using the podcasts app, podcasts are disabled in the music and video app. You will only see podcasts in the music app, if the podcasts app is not installed. If you don't need 2x in video, and you liked your workflow in the time before the podcast app, simply remove this app.

Oct 8, 2012 3:03 PM in response to jatobey

thanks. I uninstalled the podcast app, and now everything is in my music app, including playlists containing podcast episodes. In the process I learnt how to create smart playlists to save space on my phone. Disappointing that the podcast app was created, released and installed automatically with the OS without thinking through all the use cases of how people use podcasts or informing users and giving us options to choose what we want to use and how.

Oct 9, 2012 6:13 AM in response to HGA62

I hope apple will improve the podcast app soon.

The only thing the podcast app does better than the music and movies app is, that you can play video podcasts in 1 1/2x or 2x.

Another missing thing in the new app is, that the podcast albums are not synced well. I also copy videos manually to podcasts in iTunes and this manually created albums only displayed in one album.

after installing I06, my podcasts are no longer listed in music app playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.