Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wifi is greyed out,

My wifi is greyed out, it wont let me switch it on my 4s, tried eveything and still not working, done updates, i believe its a hardware problem but not sure, ive used it once and after that it wouldnt work again. ive asked apple to ring me tomorrow to get it sorted. anybody else have any ideas??

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 5:45 PM

6 replies

Oct 17, 2012 1:40 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Sorry this was my first post I was trying to link to my page that listed another post which i answered the correct solution to the wifi problem. I went thru tech support for this problem and had the correct answer. That's why I did it 4 times. I was trying to answer 4 of them. My Apologies. The one post I answered has the answer.

Oct 17, 2012 1:44 PM in response to jwsgc

just got off with tech support for same problem this is exactly what they had me do....and it worked

settings

general

reset

reset network settings

then click to confirm and wait for restart

check wifi. if still grey wait 15 to 20 min and do the same thing again.. the tech support guy said if this doesnt work hardwear replacement may be nenecessary...

My wifi is greyed out,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.