Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 ticking sound when you shake it

Iphone5 black 32gb Vzw. Mine started making very light ticking sound around the top of iphone 5. After 2 weeks now i can hear even louder sound. sounded like of a piece inside phone is moving around from left corner to right. I'm at apple store now getting replaced. They said many complaints on that but mine sounded significant.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 5:25 PM

4 replies

Oct 6, 2012 7:09 PM in response to Weinerd

Today when I was at the apple store, I tried both white & black iphone 5s and shook it all and they all had ticking sound towards to top of the phone. Mine had little louder and more significant sound; sounded like small piece is lose inside phone and moving within confined space. According to genius in apple store, many complaint about this issue and he claims that the sound is coming from the power button on the top. My new replacement had less noticable sound but the ticking is still there......... new replace also came with 4 scuffs ............😠 right out of the box!!!!!

Iphone 5 ticking sound when you shake it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.