Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found Ipod touch near my home

I found an Ipod touch during my walk last week and I was wondering how I can find it's owner. They have put a password code so I can't access and see who it belongs to. My computer installed the device on, but couldn't be unlocked:(

I was looking for a serial number in the back, but can't seem to find it.

Can anyone help me out??

I will do my best to find the person and if i can't then, I will keep it. I know how expensive they can be, so I want to find the owner.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 7:35 PM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2012 8:17 PM in response to ScorchinScooter

ScorchinScooter wrote:

Go to youtube there are lots of videos on how to get around it. Only problem is that you will wipe all their content off the iPod.

...which will make it impossible to find the original owner. Don't do it until you are sure you can't find the owner. One thing you could do is to bring the iPod to a place with free wi-fi or turn off the security protection on your router for about 15 minutes. That way if the owner had set up FindMyIPod, by connecting to wi-fi s/he could send you a message telling you how to contact him/her. If you manage to return it, you will have done a very good deed.

Found Ipod touch near my home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.