Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vocoder question-audio in/out question

I am using my MOTU 828 as my audio input and output for MainStage. When using a mike in channel 1 in on the MOTU, the signal comes directly into my output 1-2 channel strip in MS. This is a problem when using the vocoder and channel 1 as a sidechain input as I don't want any of the "dry" signal in the mix at all.

I used to have an older version of MS but I just got the latest version of MS. I can remember doing a couple of live shows with the old version and this very same concert/song/setup and not having this problem. Am I missing something here?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 8:22 PM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2012 6:33 AM in response to Bruno Filipe

I want to use the vocoder in Mainstage in a live set-up. To do this I am using the "sidechain input" on the vocoder as the control and I select "channel 1" from the drop down menu as this the input on my MOTU that my mike is plugged in.

This is all fine and works perfectly. I hit a key on my midi keboard and sing and voila, vocoder magic. This is not my problem.

My problem is that the unprocessed mike signal is also going directly to my output 1-2 channel strip in MainStage so I am getting it in my overall mix even when all the instument and audio channel strips are muted. I only want the vocoded mike signal by itself. No unprocessed mike signal.

Even when I turn the faders on all the audio and instrument channel strips right off (or mute) but leave the "output 1-2" and "Master" on, I still get the mike signal.

I suspect this is a signal path problem or a PIBCAK problem.

Vocoder question-audio in/out question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.