Skip navigation

Vocoder question-audio in/out question

361 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 1:32 PM by Organism RSS
Harri P Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 6, 2012 8:22 PM

I am using my MOTU 828 as my audio input and output for MainStage. When using a mike in channel 1 in on the MOTU, the signal comes directly into my output 1-2 channel strip in MS. This is a problem when using the vocoder and channel 1 as a sidechain input as I don't want any of the "dry" signal in the mix at all.

I used to have an older version of MS but I just got the latest version of MS. I can remember doing a couple of live shows with the old version and this very same concert/song/setup and not having this problem. Am I missing something here?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)
  • Bruno Filipe Level 1 Level 1 (125 points)
    Oct 7, 2012 3:57 AM (in response to Harri P)

Hi there,

I don´t seem to understand your question? Is it only a problem of choosing the right output? Or u need you voice with some effect (like reverb ou delay)? Or something else?

• Organism Level 2 Level 2 (150 points)
    Oct 12, 2012 1:32 PM (in response to Harri P)

At the bottom of the channel strip, you can click on "Output 1/2" (or whichever output is selected), and select No Output.

The channel should go into your EVOC side chain, but nowhere else. The clean signal shouldn't be coming through at all.

RSVP if this answers your question.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.