Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture always ask for license key after migration to a new mac

Hello,

I used the migration tools to transfer data and applications from my old mac to the new one.

When I lauch Aperture it always ask me to write the license key. I do it and can start to use Aperture.

The problem is that this settings is not saved and I have to put again the serial key everytime I launch Aperture.

I use the last version of Aperture 3.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 12:25 AM

You may have a corrupted "ProAppSystemID" file or Aperture cannot write to the System Library.

To stop Aperture asking for the serial number, first check, if you still have an old file "ProAppSystemID" in your System Library.

• Quit Aperture.
  • Go to your MacintoshHD and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "ProApps".
  • Remove the File "ProAppsSystemID" to the Desktop, if it exist and restart Aperture.
  • Reenter your serial number, hopefully for the last time.

Sometimes Aperture writes this file to a temporary directory, when it cannot write to the Library. If the above does not work, look at the temporary directory /tmp

Use the Finder's "Go" menu

Go > Got to folder and enter /tmp into the textfield. If you see the file there, move it to its proper location.

In this case you may want to repair the permissions on your system drive; you can do this using the "First Aid" tools in "Disk Utility" (located in Applications > Utilities)

Regards

Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2012 12:25 AM in response to zemitch

You may have a corrupted "ProAppSystemID" file or Aperture cannot write to the System Library.

To stop Aperture asking for the serial number, first check, if you still have an old file "ProAppSystemID" in your System Library.

• Quit Aperture.
  • Go to your MacintoshHD and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "ProApps".
  • Remove the File "ProAppsSystemID" to the Desktop, if it exist and restart Aperture.
  • Reenter your serial number, hopefully for the last time.

Sometimes Aperture writes this file to a temporary directory, when it cannot write to the Library. If the above does not work, look at the temporary directory /tmp

Use the Finder's "Go" menu

Go > Got to folder and enter /tmp into the textfield. If you see the file there, move it to its proper location.

In this case you may want to repair the permissions on your system drive; you can do this using the "First Aid" tools in "Disk Utility" (located in Applications > Utilities)

Regards

Léonie

Oct 20, 2013 8:43 PM in response to joshua773

Joshua,

I too had this problem. HAD.

I am running OSX 10.8.5 and Aperture 3.4.5. I am finally working, here is what I had to do.

1. Ran Disk Utility and Fixed permissions. Not sure if this is needed, but I'll give the exact sequence I did. Only found iTunes files to fix...

2. Restart.

3. Launch Aperture. Enter Serial info.

4. Check /tmp/ folder. Found ProAppsSystemID

5. Copy Pro AppsSystemID to folder /Library/Application Support/ProApps/

6. Close Aperture.

7. Restart.

8. Enjoy.

Works for me every time now! Was hating life... nothing worked for me, and could never find the file in ProApps, only in tmp.

Hope this works for you, and others that the other solution here won't fix!

Aperture always ask for license key after migration to a new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.