Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac not connecting to LCD?

Hello I'm having trouble with my iMac late 2009 21.5 inch. I used to connect to my LG Flatron IPS235 and it worked great. Then it magically stopped working. I use a rocketfish minidisplay to HDMI adapter that I know works because I tested with my tv. I also know the LG display works fine because I can play my xbox 360 on it. I also tested about 5 hdmi cables I had laying about with the xbox so I know they all work aswell. I also tested the cables with the MAc adapter on the tv and they all worked, however when I try to use the LG they don't work.

Also I am on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and the LG display did work on Mountain Lion before it stoped.

So with all the basic problems out of the way that could cause this I know 90% forsure it has something to do with the software and not the hardware.

Any iformation on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 10:34 PM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2012 10:57 PM in response to mjsweetland621

Reset the PRAM > About NVRAM and PRAM

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

6. Release the keys.

iMac not connecting to LCD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.