Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay Mirroring doesn't work even with the specified hardware/software

Hello,

I have a late 2011 (OS X 10.7.5) MBP and a Sep 2012 Apple TV (MD199LL/A) with the updated software 5.1.

AirPlay Mirror icon doesn't appear in the menu bar.

No options/icons or texts related to AirPlay mirroring in System Preferences > Displays either. Checked detect displays, still no.

Updated all the software in both the MBP and the Apple TV on Oct 6th 2012 late evening/night and restarted both a couple of times, still no signs of AirPlay Mirror icon or option.

BTW, AirPlay works with iTunes, so I can hear music from MBP on my TV.

AirPlay Mirroring works with the latest iPad (as of Sep 2012) as well.

I think one or two people have reported this issue on the forum in response to some question/discussion. Thought it deserved starting a new topic in case some Apple folks are listening.

Perhaps their adverstising or guidelines need an update to remove references of AirPlay mirroring working with 2011 or newer MBPs. Perhaps they meant 2012 or newer?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 1:32 AM

Learner

You do have the right hardware but NOT have the specified ios, it has to be Mountain Lion 10.8 or later. You will need to purchase that to Mirror, but it is worth it! Mirror is a new feature with Mountain Lion, the main reason I upgraded.

Regards

Jules

3 replies

AirPlay Mirroring doesn't work even with the specified hardware/software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.