Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Love air playit. Need 2 reset admin password on iMac

Had this running for some time.

iMac to iPad. No other HW.

Suddenly admin pw is wrong.

Tried their support (non existent)

Tried figuring out thru keychain... ... No good.

Tried reinstalling... Ditto.

Obv. Am missing something.

Help pls or pointer to resource. Many thanks.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 6:52 AM

Still no response on changing (or determining) the Admin PIN/pw for air playit server...

Workaround: you can SEE the PINs for 'kids' & 'public' so I was able to set the "allow" flags for 'kids' & 'public' THEN on iPad delete the Server found/created via Bonjour, Spec another by static LAN IP, Put the 'kids' & 'public' PIN in an turn 'allow anon' ON IN THE IPAD CLIENT & voila! It starts to work again.

I Still have no idea what the Admin PIN/pw for air playit server IS but at least it serves again....

SCREWY.

[MOD: you may want to move/copy this thread to the other forum again - as mentioned aboved a search failed to find just where you put it... My apologies.

Other people MUST run into this problem sometime/eventually and, after all the trouble I had looking for and failing to find an answer (in the "Mac Ethernet shares Net access with iPad via 'Internet sharing' w/o. Any other airport/wireless hardware such as. An airport Hub (which was the answer I got pointed to (for which: thanks for responding even if it didn't help with my specific problem)...

At least I have this Apps great abilities back again. Airlessly... Err. Wirelessly. There was zero help on the developer site... The Forum was full of hongKongese spammers flogging threads, shoes, fake rolexes etc.. Support blissfully. Unresponsive - the Air Playit sections practically had desert winds and Tumbleweed rolling thru the site k... No idea what's going on with that company but Little whispers suggest that it probably won't be long b4. Apple drops the hammer on them for non compliance/no support and drops the App from the Store..

(don't Apple offer/own the Competing AirPlay App set at $2 or $3 together with a Helium filled almost unusable free 'Lite' Demo version?).

Some developers are hard to understand: it appears to be a popular, powerful App and they seem to be just letting it wither on the. Vine...

(Maybe they're out of money/need some help......)

Ah well,

Best to All.

PS: oddity - if you http to <SERVER-IP:32768>. I.e. if you browse to port 32768 on the server machine you could actually SEE all the vol/folders/ Files you'd told it to Serve neatly listed together with something like Play/stream/Convert/view options which was what was Supposed to happen (of course, if you actually CHOSE one of these, it went off into Peter Pan land, which obviously *wasn't*. .. But this was back when I couldn't get the client to connect and didn't have the right ADMIN PIN thing worked around and I haven't tried it since.. And will have to... But then it never ASKED for one. Before showing the page, either, - also strange).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2012 6:52 AM in response to Wayne T

Still no response on changing (or determining) the Admin PIN/pw for air playit server...

Workaround: you can SEE the PINs for 'kids' &amp; 'public' so I was able to set the "allow" flags for 'kids' &amp; 'public' THEN on iPad delete the Server found/created via Bonjour, Spec another by static LAN IP, Put the 'kids' &amp; 'public' PIN in an turn 'allow anon' ON IN THE IPAD CLIENT &amp; voila! It starts to work again.

I Still have no idea what the Admin PIN/pw for air playit server IS but at least it serves again....

SCREWY.

[MOD: you may want to move/copy this thread to the other forum again - as mentioned aboved a search failed to find just where you put it... My apologies.

Other people MUST run into this problem sometime/eventually and, after all the trouble I had looking for and failing to find an answer (in the "Mac Ethernet shares Net access with iPad via 'Internet sharing' w/o. Any other airport/wireless hardware such as. An airport Hub (which was the answer I got pointed to (for which: thanks for responding even if it didn't help with my specific problem)...

At least I have this Apps great abilities back again. Airlessly... Err. Wirelessly. There was zero help on the developer site... The Forum was full of hongKongese spammers flogging threads, shoes, fake rolexes etc.. Support blissfully. Unresponsive - the Air Playit sections practically had desert winds and Tumbleweed rolling thru the site k... No idea what's going on with that company but Little whispers suggest that it probably won't be long b4. Apple drops the hammer on them for non compliance/no support and drops the App from the Store..

(don't Apple offer/own the Competing AirPlay App set at $2 or $3 together with a Helium filled almost unusable free 'Lite' Demo version?).

Some developers are hard to understand: it appears to be a popular, powerful App and they seem to be just letting it wither on the. Vine...

(Maybe they're out of money/need some help......)

Ah well,

Best to All.

PS: oddity - if you http to <SERVER-IP:32768>. I.e. if you browse to port 32768 on the server machine you could actually SEE all the vol/folders/ Files you'd told it to Serve neatly listed together with something like Play/stream/Convert/view options which was what was Supposed to happen (of course, if you actually CHOSE one of these, it went off into Peter Pan land, which obviously *wasn't*. .. But this was back when I couldn't get the client to connect and didn't have the right ADMIN PIN thing worked around and I haven't tried it since.. And will have to... But then it never ASKED for one. Before showing the page, either, - also strange).

Love air playit. Need 2 reset admin password on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.