Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EyeTV IPad Network Connection to Mac OS is not connecting through the firewall

My EyeTV IPad Network Connection to the Mac OS EyeTV is not connecting timing out and giving a message of ' Could not connect to EyeTV ' in the ipad eyetv app.

The EyeTV app is present in the firewall and if I switch Mac OS firewall off, the connection works fine.

If I keep the IPad app running and switch the firewall on again, the connection still works. Exit and reopen it, then it is blocked again. New to Mac OS but not to Networking and firewall principles. Just need a firewall option to add a manual port which there doesn't seem to be one. Would also need to see a diagnostic file telling me which port is being blocked but would know my way around this anyway.

Any ideas from anyone or is this just a case of me doing what I bought the apple for ....NO MORE HOME TINKERING OR SUPPORT....must wait for a later patch to either fix the EyeTV issue for this latest Mac OS, or a Mac OS upgrade to the firewall ginving configuration options.....Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

EyeTV-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 5:06 AM

There are no replies.

EyeTV IPad Network Connection to Mac OS is not connecting through the firewall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.