Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TimeCapsule has too good memory?

Before I re-installed a fresh Snow Leopard, my TC had about 444 GB of data to back up.

Now I want to start everything fresh, even my backup.

So on a fresh Snow Leopard w. 12,5 GB of data, I want TC to back up this.

But TC still remember 'the old days' and insists on backing up 444 , even when only 12,5 GB present on my Mac.

User uploaded file

So - how do I make a 100% factory-reset (without using highpower electromagnets) ?

I should note that re-booting TC w. a 10 sec. resetbutton hold, does not generate the desired amnesia.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), TimeCapsule (4th gen)

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 8:30 AM

how do I make a 100% factory-reset

This will wipe out all of your stored network settings. Then you will have to reconfigure the TC again. Do you really want to do this?

Or, are you asking here how to erase the TC disk? (which will not affect the stored network configuration settings....but it will erase all of your older backups)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2012 8:30 AM in response to Pedersen, DK

how do I make a 100% factory-reset

This will wipe out all of your stored network settings. Then you will have to reconfigure the TC again. Do you really want to do this?

Or, are you asking here how to erase the TC disk? (which will not affect the stored network configuration settings....but it will erase all of your older backups)

TimeCapsule has too good memory?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.