Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Sept. 2012 Extn. 1680x1050 flicker

I have a HP w2207h 22" external monitor that I would like to use with my MBP.

Every other display resoultion works EXCEPT 1680X1050. That is the recomended setting for the monitor, but when i select that option the screen starts to flicker. I've been at this for weeks and read through alot of forums and done alot of google searches for fixes, but to no avail. Is there any one out there that been through this and gotten a fix to work. Preferbly something official (not another program to manipulate a fix), thanks. ALL OPTION WILL BE LOOKED AT.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 8:41 AM

8 replies

Jan 19, 2017 7:24 AM in response to spliffstarz

Got the same problem here, also with the HP w2207h and a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) connected through a official Apple USB-C adapter. Running macOS Sierra 10.12.2 (16C67).

With the native resolution (1680x1050) the image flickers, appears for half a second then black for 3 seconds and continues like this. Also other resolutions seem to scale weird on this monitor.

If I connect a Windows powered computer, everything is working fine. So it's not the monitor, must be the monitor driver provided by Apple/HP.

Macbook Pro Sept. 2012 Extn. 1680x1050 flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.