Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I still can't get my mail to work.I have reinstalled Security update and combo 3 times. About ready to call Apple but mI don't think I should pay for it!!!!

I can't my Apple mail to work. It started when I did an up date. When I went to use mail (the little stamp at bottom) it said, "you can't use this version of mail with this version of OS X. I looked on support and was told to solve the problem by downloading combo package and security update. Did it 3 times. I did everything. Still doesn't work. I even took everything mail out of applications and the library and did those two updates and still can't get it. Could I reinstall OS X Snow Leopard and would that affect any of my documents like i photo or i tunes? I don't want to loose anything! I have spent way too long on this problem. I feel like I own PC with windows again. Please help!!!!!! Frustated

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 8:50 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2012 9:29 AM in response to David Maguire

No need to reinstall Snow. Try trashing all the Mail.apps you have. (But don't empty the trash yet!) Do a search for those. Reinstall Mail from the DVD in Optional Installs. This will put Mail 4.2 in Applications, then run the Combo Update, which will update Mail to 4.5, and then the Security Update again, in that order.

I still can't get my mail to work.I have reinstalled Security update and combo 3 times. About ready to call Apple but mI don't think I should pay for it!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.