Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My FaceTime is stuck on the side and it won go to the correct view, an I don't get the little screen of me on it. Can anyone help.

I'm having problems with my FaceTime. When I use it, the screen is stuck and won't rotate to the normal view. Also m not getting he little picture in the corner. How can I resolve this.

iPad 2

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 9:04 AM

If you Side Switch is switched to lock the screen rotation, make sure you slide it up to unlock the rotation. If not, click the home button two times. Swipe to the left, and click the square with an arrow and lock. The screen should rotate now! If that Is not your issue Try doing hard reset. Press and hold the home button and the wake/sleep button, ignoring the red slider, until the apple logo appears. You will not lose any data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2012 9:04 AM in response to Stubob-72

If you Side Switch is switched to lock the screen rotation, make sure you slide it up to unlock the rotation. If not, click the home button two times. Swipe to the left, and click the square with an arrow and lock. The screen should rotate now! If that Is not your issue Try doing hard reset. Press and hold the home button and the wake/sleep button, ignoring the red slider, until the apple logo appears. You will not lose any data.

My FaceTime is stuck on the side and it won go to the correct view, an I don't get the little screen of me on it. Can anyone help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.