Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does my apple id affect mac mail

When I forget and change my Apple ID password, does it have anything to do with my Mac Mail? It seems like every time I change the Apple ID password, I begin to have trouble with my outgoing mail service but I can't for the life of me understand where I need to change these things. It immediately messes up my Apple TV (I have to change the password there after I change it online.) What are all the things associated with my Apple ID Password and where do I need to change them? Thank you.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 9:05 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2012 9:53 AM in response to John Galt

Thank you for your quick reply. I have been in the Mail > Preferences > Accounts section for a while now and it seems the password is OK. I get mail. I am logged on and the outgoing server (and icoming servers) give me the "green light". It's just that when I try to send mail, it goes to the outbox... and the send mail notice begins spinning and never stops, even if the mail is in the outbox but no longer in the sending mode. Very frustrating. ,

So I'm asking you what do you want me to do in the Mail > Preferences > Accounts area that might change this situation?

thanks --

t

Oct 7, 2012 12:30 PM in response to tweberfree

I found that my Apple ID is not the same as my Mac Mail password.

My "send" email began working after I entered my "old" password in the prefs (with respect to the outgoing mail server), selected my fios server as "use this outgoing server only". Who knows what really fixed the issue... there's always the chance that fios was having a server issue that resolved itself at the same times I tried these fixes.

does my apple id affect mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.