Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very Strange: iPhone 5 LTE Speed Test Results

I have 2 iPhone 5 handsets in front of me and I am running speed test using speedtest.net iPhone app. One of the handsets is receiving a much higher speed result than the other. Can someone please explain? See below for details...

iPhone 5 Black

Network: Telstra

Signal: LTE (Full)

Max Speed: 9.0 Mbps Download

iPhone 5 Black

Network: Telstra

Signal: LTE (Full)

Max Speed: 0.5 Mbps Download

Neither handset has a case on, and both are plugged in to power.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 9:21 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2012 1:22 PM in response to melrick

Try swapping the SIM cards. Maybe one subscription is speed limited for some reason (may be a cheaper subscription, and if not, maybe a provisioning error on the carrier's side).

If the slow speed follows the SIM card when swapping it, then it's Telstra's fault. Call them.

If the slow speed remains on the same iPhone even when swapping SIMs, the slow iPhone may have a problem. Try doing a factory reset and see if it helps. If not, have the phone exchanged.

Careful: before playing around with SIMs, deactivate iMessage and Facetime, just to make sure that the right person will receive the right messages when you put the SIMs back in place.

Very Strange: iPhone 5 LTE Speed Test Results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.